Thursday, November 19, 2009

I am now a 1/4 marathoner

Is there a 1/4 marathon? Well if you join a 10km marathon, then you are running a 1/4 marathon (its a running category in the Penang Bridge International Marathon this year)

I can now proudly say I have ran a quarter marathon and just recently, added another 2km to that distance. Never in my wildest dream have I ever thought that I will one day finish running (slow jog in my  case) 10km and in the events that led up to it, had fun, made new friends, *cough* lost some weight *more cough*  and am now totally hooked .. when you browse the marathon calendar more than checking other stuff on the net, if you are reading all the runner's blog and getting excited by it, or stalking a certain runner (in my case, its Haza - she inspires me and so so many others)  its a sign ! Oh yes, I am totally hooked, all the way ..

My aim now  is to run a half marathon, next year. My goals are a) i cross the finish line running/walking/crawling and not in an ambulance  b) i finish it within the time limit and c) hope to improve my personal best time in my 5km and 10km while doing the half marathon. From now till then, I will be walking shuffling, jogging and hopefully run a bit , have fun and make more new friends  .. and joining all the shorter distances marathons to prepare me for my goal next year :)

You want to join me ??????

Finishing my 1st marathon in style :)
 
Last few hundred metres of my New Balance Klang Pacers 12k, I seriously need better running shorts!

7 comments:

Hannah said...

Woot! Ibu blogging! Something to look forward to when I come online next then. I've failed, miserably, I might add, twice. Haha. But the blog still exist. Keep up with the running (but try not to lose anymore weight, plz).;p mcm nak join but it still scares me.The running.

June Malik said...

hehe, u found me haha, ibu tak announce kat sapa2 lagi but discreetly put in on my fb , u must have perasan from there hehe .. hana, i dont run either .. brisk walk, slow jog and slow run .. gets me to the finishing line :)

sue said...

wahh.. k.june dah become a writer lak.. good2x... hihihi..

sue said...

yeah...go.. Miss cool 'J'... ;-)

ARZ said...

Don't forget the INNERGIZE for running

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

June Malik said...

Anon : thanks, i guess it works like all other things, you improve as u go by !