Monday, December 14, 2009

I CAN GLOAT TODAY ......

I can gloat today because
i ran 21km ..
what's so special u say?
Oh you wont know if  you have not done it

I can gloat today because
I came back feeling good
and can still smile and have a lovely day

I can gloat today because
this is no easy feat
for someone like me
I  "just do it"

I can gloat today because
I am still able to walk in a straight line
and free of any blisters, or chaffs
even though I will start to walk like a cowboy tomorrow
and will dread walking up and down the stairs
or even sitting and getting up from the throne

I can gloat today because
i did this
way ahead of my schedule
of the time that I think I will be ready for it

I can gloat today because
I did this
in what I think is a good time considering,
its my very first time

I can gloat today because
I was out on the road
running, jogging, walking,  shuffling
for 3 hours 10 minutes and 13 seconds

I can gloat today because
never in my wildest dream
I thought I will achieve this feat
and yet today, I did

I can gloat today because
I have friends who truly understand
and allow me to, well, gloat ..

 I can gloat today because
what I thought was impossible
actually was not

I  can gloat today because
today I made it
and not just want to make it

I can gloat today because
I am now nearer to achieving my other goal
that  will give me the right to gloat again

I can gloat today because
well, I can
and I am 

So, what are you waiting for?
Go do something that you too
can gloat!

3 comments:

Haza said...

Yes you earned the gloating rights!

June Malik said...

thanks Haza :)

ARZ said...

Can't blame you if you are still on a high. You very well deserve to gloat. That's no mean feat, and to do it 6 months ahead of your targetted goal.

Now you need to raise your bar again. Well done