Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Am I Ready?

Putrajaya Night Marathon is 4 days away. Got my racepack yesterday. Just the reporting tickets, the number, the chip, vest and info guide catalog. I think I got the guy's vest and now must try to get an exchange.

The thing is I havent run much and hardly any runs more than 10km. I managed one 21k last week and one painfully slow 6k! and been slacking since. Errands to run, rain, simply cant make it during my run time. And this morning at 2:00 am I got up to go to the toilet, half asleep and eyes probably closed, bumped my knee into the corner of the tv table, oucchh .. of course it had to be THE troubled knee!


I hope to get some km's in this evening and hopefully I will finish the run on Saturday hahah (I need to get the medal lah, its my early birthday present for me from me!!) But most of all I am looking forward to meet face to face with so many running friends from FB, and blogs. We've been "talking" and writing to each other and finally its a chance to meet !

And ooh I ordered some glow in the dark bracelets for the run, for fear that people will not see me.  No time to go and get my Fair & Lovely cream yet lah ! 

I think everyone running should wear at least one (I will use 3, just in case lol), it will be fun and cheery too, blips in the night moving along and all the colours !! get yours now !

13 comments:

Che said...

all the best kak! dont think too much bout it, just run! hehe.. and do rest well prior to the run.

all the best eh? enjoy it, and return home injury free.. (of coz u gonna get lil burning sensation from the humidity here :P

thanks for helping me advertise the glowing bracelet :)

The Corporate Athlete said...

hi june, you already collected the bib? I thot it will be up for collection from tomorrow onwards ...
p/s - I only have 2 glowies, probably i should add few more ... (takut nanti tenggelam lak) :)

Che said...

good idea.. buy 5 get 1 free .. :P

June Malik said...

Che : thanks and I will finish insyallah :) and my pleasure to advertise ur glows !! See u !

CA : colection from 2 Moro mine was couriered but now gotta OCM to exchange :( I ordered 10 glowies to share wt friends balance all o use hehe gerenti can see me ha ha

ARZ said...

All the very best June Bond. Forget the Fair and Lovely cream. No need to be fair to be lovely :-))))

June Malik said...

ARZ : hahaha thanks. gives me confidence to stay black sweet LOL

rara said...

dah dapat dah racepack? mine belum sampai lagi:(
anyway, looking forward to meet u too!

Sue said...

42K is a long way! Hope it's a good race for you!!! Go June!

Justiffa said...

U're one spunky lady june.. n i'm sure u're going to finish ur run in true bond style ;p go june bond go heheh!! All the best k :D

June Malik said...

rara : check make sure u get ladies vest, i got the men's , nak kena go exchange, so much so for having it courierred to me !

tiff : hahaha i will finish it "glowing" lol .. gonna use my glowies banyak2

sue : thanks for you confidence in me, but I am not doing 42, not yet. Its only 21 this round :)

Anonymous said...

All d best Kak June!! I really admire ur courage n determination!!

June Malik said...

thanks anon ! btw sampai bila nak jadi anonymous nie?? would like to know u gak :)

ruby said...

mcm best jerk ada glow in the dark bracelets tu... he3... ;p