Saturday, February 13, 2010

Getting Nearer to the big FIVE O

Alhamdulillah,  I am 47 today. Healthier and slimmer than I was 20 years ago. Haha, really. Ask my ex boss  and my other friends. I was tall, big and well, on the over plump side before!! I have no qualms about getting old. No stress when I turned 40, nor any now. Age is just a number. Its your heart that determines who, what and how old you are :) I pray that God will bless me with long life, good health, love and happiness around me and that I get to see my children marry, live a good life and enjoy my grandchildren(s). Waiting for the time when a little cute voice will call me "Dadima".

Honestly, at this point of my life, I am truly happy. Of course there are stuffs, matters, things , that can make life  better, but if this is how my life will be for the years to come, I dont mind.There will be bumpy roads, long winded road, pot holes, endless roads, dead end but I hope that I will be able to pass all these roads and come out still feeling like I do now. I hope that when I am lost or hurt, I will be able to walk on the right path again with my head held up high.  I hope God will give me the strength to face all his challenges and other things in life.

I thank God for my husband, my children, family and my friends  that's always there for me.

And, at 47 I am  I am finally happy  with my body. Hah! how many women can say that? That tummy bulge and the flabby arms that refuse to go away? I have since accepted them and move on in life with it, cant beat 'em, join 'em!! Its hard work  trying to control your  diet, not to gain weight, trying to reduce the huge thighs,toning up the chicken wing arms, trying to avoid wrinkles creep up your face, hide the veins in your hands ..the list goes on and on. I have come to a plateau and I am happy, I think I am pretty ok for a makcik. In my opinion lah. Can still strut in jeans/sneakers and tshirt, my favourite casual wear. Survived so far without any surgery, botox, injections, implants (eerrkk) expensive creams, facials, etc. Only my faithful Olay products. I might  add fair & lovely, NOT! I am ok with me. I look forward for my big 5-0. Insyaallah. To age gracefully is so much easier than trying not to grow old LOL.

And I am going to continue my newfound passion, to run and have fun and make new friends. And get to have younger friends (some a good 20 years or more) which I believe will help me to feel young, hahah. This hobby also enables me to eat what I want as much as I want, no need to worry that the extra pound will creep back! An easy and cheap way to keep healthy. You should try. You will get addicted, trust me. And its a good healthy addiction.

My wish? that all my loved ones, family and friends will be blessed with long life, good health, happiness, love and all good things come your way. And may what you wished for will come true. And may you have the strength to face the challenges of life. Did I get my wish? Yeah some of them. Better some than none right? And I will be working hard towards achieving my dream to hold a full marathon medal in my hands before I turn 48, insyaallah!
Thank you all .. for the love, support, and just accepting me for what I am and who I am. I remain, faithfully, Bond, your one and only June Bond :0) God Bless You All. Amin.

16 comments:

ian yusof said...

Happy Birthday Kak June. So good to see your children are all growing up beautifully. You must be one proud mother, and of course you don't look 47 :)

Haza said...

Happy birthday, J. Let's defy ageing, gracefully and in style.

rara said...

happy birthday kak june!!

Julin Julai said...

pretty ok for a makcik? you look fabulous! keep running, kak. And be an inspiration for all of us.

Dancing Ciken said...

happy birthday, u got pretty girls too, like their mom :D

Serena said...

Hi. Many happy returns of the day & may all your wishes come through...and may God bless you and your family always.

Lina Malik said...

happy birthday..present lambat sikit haaa..got sth in mind for you but no money yet :P

ARZ said...

June Bond,

47?? Really? No la..not to your ex-boss :-)

You will always be that fresh ITM grad who reported for duty to the office in the early 80's..

June Malik said...

Ian, Rara, Julin, Jaja, Haza, Serena, thank you from the bottom of my heart! and Haza, yes, lets do just that !!

kakak aka lina malik : hehe no probs girl, the thot is more important, but having said that, cant wait too ;)

June Malik said...

hahah boss, i remember the interview and the first day *sigh* good times, thanks for helping me "grow"!!

Justiffa said...

That much nearer to the big five-oh.. but in this instance, i'm beating you to it hehehehe.

You had urself a great birthday i see ;D semoga dilimpahi rahmat & nikmat NYA sepanjamg tahun :D

Hannah said...

I wished u earlier and it seems u had a blast for your birthday!:) So happy and proud of u for all you've done in your life till today. Stay positive and wonderful ibu. See u tom. Hugs.

p.s: Azam seJIBIK mcm Uncle.

June Malik said...

Tiff, you and me no difference lah .. u cepat sikit aje sampai hehe , thanks again for your doa and wishes my friend :)

Hannah : thanks girl, and yes Azam memang like uncle, u shd see their kenings hahaha,

Anonymous said...

ibu.gambar serious hodoh =_=

June Malik said...

mana ada hodoh? natural beauty semua orang hehe, no touch up apa2 ..

azmi said...

oopss a very belated happy b'day kak june ..... i knew yours was near to abg zaki but terlupa anyway the big 50 lambat lagi ....