Tuesday, March 23, 2010

When a makcik gets a compliment .....

I went out to run this morning. Or attempted to run more like it. Anyway, it was terrible. I had been taking it too easy after PNM and then the week of eating sinfully in Chennai and last week I was down and out , especially when migraine+low bp decided to join venture and visit me.

Anyway, I brisked walk some, jogged some, ran some and sprinted some. Decided to give the heart a bit of jolt and remind my body that the regime is starting again. I've got to get it working again.

The jogging place was bustling with people this morning. I arrived at 730am, got caught in traffic sending my son to school. Horrors of going through Klang town nowadays. A lot of new faces and and familiar ones.

A group of guys (in their 30's) was already resting and yakking when I was doing my 4th round and one of them waved and said hi. Uugh he looks vaguely familiar but cant really place him. I nodded and ran on.


I finished my run and stretched and walk towards my car. The guy that waved was at his car too. He smiled and asked "dah habis?" to which I replied. And then he simply said, "dulu you gemuk sekarang dah cantik, slim" He caught me totally off-guard, and I am sure it showed on my surprised expression. LOL. I  I mumbled a thank you rather akwardly and went to my car.


In the privacy of my car, I was elated.


You see, when a makcik like me, gets a compliment like that, our heart swells and fills with pride and make us smile like a goofy, ear to ear grin in giddiness. I am still smiling ear to ear, even now ;0) maybe I can run better tomorrow too !

10 comments:

oops did I just say that? said...

dulu gemok ke AJ?? don't think so..
but now slim melim ..good2!!...the guys didnt join u for a quick run ke??

June Malik said...

mimi, well he said i was gemok lol but then again taklah jugak slim mlim mana pun ;0)

pakmat said...

..you better start learning how to handle compliments, lady..it gets rarer as the years go by..:)I better remember the line..dulu gemuk sekarang dah cantik..u sure he's not making a pass..?..cheers..

ian yusof said...

I'm still having ear to ear grin from reading this post .... btul ler tuh .... 'Kids' at that age don't lie anymore (myself included).

amsyah said...

Hi June - congrats. Nothing beats an honest remark, kan. Keep it up!

June Malik said...

pakmat, u r so right, tu yang bila dpt sengih tak tentu arah hehe, err i dont think he was making a pass lah!

Ian - hehe ye ke tak tipu? apapun got me grinning all day haha

amsya, heeh thanks, when it comes take it kan?

Haza said...

J, come to think of it, he's been watching you?

eheheheheh.

June Malik said...

H! evil laugh tu!! yalah, now that i am back on earth, i oso thot of the same thing, dia familiar not regular even the gang .. alamak?

ARZ said...

June,
Pak Cik pun sama....bila dapat komplimen

Orang Kelantan kata "senyum kemeweh"

SAM0309 said...

Woot... Woot... carpe diem!