Thursday, April 15, 2010

Anak Mami in JB

I dont know my way in JB so I cant tell you exactly where in JB I am. Till end of the month Grand Paragon Hotel, Jalan Harimau is home,  and Plaza Pelangi is merely few hundred metres away.

Its an apartment unit, small kitchenette, dining table for 4, sofa set and huge TV (can rotate between bed and dining) and the bedroom of sorts. Comfortable enough for Zaki till end of the month. We are also actually thinking that maybe Zaki should  just strike a deal with the hotel for long term stay price, find a house only when me and kids comes over. He is not too keen to stay alone in a house/condo.

I am yet to find other places of interest here in JB but at least I found a Standard Chartered Bank, much to my relief. SCB dont have many branches and it will be quite a hassle if JB didnt have one. We've had our account with them since we got married and do not wish to change to other banks. So, yeay one point. No matter where I stay, coming her for banking wont be so bad! 

Food stalls are everywhere, and quite a number opens 24 hours. Uugh, too much encouragement to eat all day long ha ha.  And Cold Storage if I need it. Not bad so far.


We will still go look at houses/condo this weekend and decide later what to do. 


Unfortunately the gym is quite bare, but the pool is not too bad. And simply not safe to run. So I have to hit the pool for the next few days to maintain some kind of stamina ha ha. Tomorrow I might go Danga Bay area.


6 comments:

Yimster said...

Looks like a nice comfy unit, pretty much self contained. Happy scouting around there and be on your alert ya. No running if you feel its unsafe from humanoids and from traffic.

June Malik said...

Yim : its comfy , tu yang my hubs thot maybe he stay bujang here dulu :) and totally not safe to run here, traffic busy and too new to venture the housing area lol, so its the pool :)

KOOKY KASH said...

June, try running stairs instead. Swimming doesnt work the muscles used for running. Take care!

shuklazim said...

June, enjoy JB. During weekend pergi Kebun Bunga for morning run. A lot of runners especially on Sunday. I plan to go back to JB next weekend. Maybe boleh run togeder-geder.

Try Nasi Lemak at Wisma, Ikan Bakar/Rojak at Street View, Putu Piring at Larkin, goreng pisang mawar. Alamak lapar la....

June Malik said...

shuk u making me fat just by listing the places :), next weekend i kat Klang but dont worry bila I dah permanent sini we can always run 2gether-gether!

..::EnAikAY::.. said...

Wanna go run together at Tmn Kebun Bunga in JB? Drop an email to me, i'll get in touch.