Friday, April 02, 2010

June Bond vs 42.195km

I, June M. Ishak aka June Malik aka June Baby aka Anak Mami aka June Bond, did the deed. I clicked on 42.195km. Full Marathon. In June. (but of course :p ) at the Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur Marathon. This  will also mark my 1st anniversary. This was where I first started and got hooked on running. Well, jogging. Ha ha. I did 10km last year. Come to think of it, have I done enough runs to do this? Alamak. But, I clicked anyway!!

I had wanted to wait and register much later but if I did, its a shorter time to train. I needed the booster to train hard from now. The commitment to work hard.  So I clicked.

 
And I am scared. Just thinking, gives me the shivers. I have not ran beyond 21km. And now I must try to increase it  to a minimum of 30km. At least. Two full loops of the 15km distance that I do on the road. Alone. And in reality, on that fateful day, there is actually  12.195km more. Uuggh. But, I clicked anyway!!

And with our pending move and my weekends that's probably spent either in JB or with hubs at home here, I might not even get to join many runs, or any runs at all,  to come till the race day. Uuggh. But, I clicked anyway!!

I am now getting my body and mind set up for this gargantuan task. Its a mountain task for me. Higher than Mt. Everest or whichever is the highest mountain in the world at the moment. It may be too soon for me. But, I clicked anyway!!

I am going to need all the help I can. Advise, nagging for me to do more, tips, more nagging, reminders, and whatever it will take to help get me to the finishing line. Oh my god. I still dont know why I did it but somehow deep in my heart I think I can do this, even though there's a nag of are you ready ? Only one way to find out.. and did I tell you, I clicked? ha ha.

And I am looking for volunteers to run with me. Hehhe. But you will have to sacrifice your PB and register a whopping new PW. Whole new record for you. Heck I will even pay for you :p) Any takers? You see, I have no choice but to do this. I clicked, remember?

Now that this is out of my system and I have made it official, I best start training. Letting this information out saps my energy. For those of you that had been here before knows how it is. Uuugh. Inilah, gatal sangat nak click!

But you know what? I am going to give this my best. I am going to train and go, and if I have to, crawl to the finishing line. No time target, crossing that line is. Why? because I clicked!

First thing first .. Serena? where are you? I need to ask you a question! Serena? Hmm .. by the way, Serena, Azza clicked too. You are going to click too right? Serena?? 

Oh well, I will find her. 

Wish me luck ? Uuggh. I clicked 42.195. Yikes !!



24 comments:

Justiffa said...

Yikes!!!

i dunno nothin' 'bout marathons girl, but i sure as hell will be rah-rah-ing you along.... go june bond go-ooooo!!!

But then again YIKES!!! ;p

Che said...

Yikes too.. but all the best for your maiden FM! its gonna be a hard work (from now) but i hope u will be prepared for it. im only doin HM this year, target FM next year :)

Yimster said...

All I can say is ... you're not alone doing a maiden FM for SCKLM :)

You've clicked, now time to commit!

RaYzeef said...

kak june, congrats on your commitment to the prestigious Marathon Club, which only about 1 percent of this planet populations proudly belongs to.

Now the hard work, train hard and remember there's no short cut! There'll be many supporters cheering for you, i have no doubts. We believe u can do it all the way. Che and myself will be waiting for you at finish line at SCKLIM (we registered for HM), u can consider us your pom pom boys ..he he..Go June Go!

I AM SAM said...

congrats on yr 1st step to FM...i believe u CAN do it...i juz did mine before my 1st anniversary of picking up running...if u nd a pacer n wanna pay for it...hook me in...heheheh...like d song FAME goes...REMEMBER MY NAME...JUNEE(FAME)...

..::EnAikAY::.. said...

Congrats on your courage and bravery.. *clap, clap*.
Enjoy your journey towards being a marathon runner. It's surely a fun one. Just stay focus n positive, especially during the most negative circumstances.
As they say, "Runners never quit".

Len Kuan said...

Sister... you are one brave girl! But I think you will be alright.

Once you are a runner, it's always there in the back of your head. It is more than just putting one foot in front of the other. It is about us and who we are. Never quit life, as we run, we become.

You still have 80+ days to train... Once you hit 30km/run you can slow down... I calculated, 3/4 run and 1/4 walking will qualify the given time. If I am ahead, I will wait for you at the finishing line... but if you are ahead, don't bother to wait for me...I will catch the sweeper later. ;)

I am going to register soon... at least you are braver than me.

azza said...

Kak June, i'll catch up with u soon for our plan & pacing strategy to make this dream comes ok. Skrg azza dah start training balik :) Kita mula pangkah calendar ye. Reading your blog make my heart beat faster. Take care.

Julin Julai said...

kelakar betul kita ni ye? hehe
anyway like I said I'm rooting for you all the way. Go Kak June!

crushhio said...

kak june,

yim, you and i dah boleh bukak kelab 'full marathon virgins at KLIM!'LOL!
we can do it!!

SAM0309 said...

You will do fine. You needed to do something you're good at... and you're doing it. Good for you girl. Enjoy the run.....

Yimster said...

syed, tu lah. jom the 3 of us start creating a FB group 'full marathon virgins at KLIM' :D

Am sure ramai lg akan join hehe

rusfarizal rusli said...

run for fun,sure u can do it...me on half jer

June Malik said...

Yikes is my middle name till the marathon lol. thank you guys for your support and encouragement, I wouldnt be clicking if not for your faith in me ! and of course some insanity on my part heheh

Tiff : our wkend fling we do the big loop lah eh? i mandi bunga yesterday hihihi ..

Syed & Yim : hahah in our virgin marathons, pheww ., jom cari more victims hehe! i am sure u both are aiming for a reasonable good time, me? at this point nak habis aje, hopefully within the 6 hours lah kalau boleh .. tak mau reach finish line sorang2 heeh, u guys have the task of waiting for me at the finish line ok?? But we shall start together !!

LKF, bro .. you will wait for me for sure and thanks for your support, we shall go all the way ..

Che, Rayzeef - kena pakai skirt tali rafia ok? hahaha thanks guys :)

Nik : its gargantuan for me but insyaallah i will give it my best :)

julin : u inspire me, of course i wont be as fast as you , i wish!! thanks and nag me ok?

azza : we shall do this .. yim and syed, another virgin full nie :)

the two sams : thank you :)

Yikes !

azza said...

Virgin marathoner??..i likeee it. Hehe..kita blh tulis kat blkg baju lari tu..'Virgin Marathoner : We r going to break this title pretty soon !! and no worries,at SCMKL i'll run, walk and crawl beside u. Boring lari sorang kat ENR aritu, dah K.June xde. Eh, put Lionel's: DOTC on ur playlist, bg kita energy boost, esp bila time kaki rasa mcm nak t'cabut. Klu K.June nak nyanyi live masa kita lari nnt pun boleyyy :D

June Malik said...

Azza : you are on !!

rara said...

woohoo!!! cayalah kak june! am sure u'll do it well. i haven't registered yet but most probably HM je.

June Malik said...

heheh rara, u dont know how terrified i am just thinking about it haha, well hope to see you there nanti ok?

serena said...

june, what can i say except stay focus and BELIEVE IN YOURSELF that you can do it. there is no mountain too high or sea too deep that is not conquerable. just take the 1st step and you are on your way to achieve your goal. your courage and determination will bring you success. go babe...!

June Malik said...

huh, serena i thot you are gonna be crazy and click with me, no? hehehe .. thanks my friend and now you need to help me do this !

SuN said...

very inspiring..maybe this can helps..Marathon virgin panicking http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=4&UTN=156583&last=1&V=6&SP=

June Malik said...

SuN, yikes haha thanks :)

ian yusof said...

goodness gracious .... I ter'clicked' too .... :) kak June, what's your target again? sub-6?

June Malik said...

goodness gracious indeed Ian ;) and of course lah sub-6, aiming for 5:59:59 heheheh