Thursday, July 15, 2010

Gelap Betul ...........


I went to gym yesterday, hoping that some workout would make me feel better, been unwell for the past week, feverish, cough, flu and sore throat and this numbness on my right hands especialy from my thumb right up to the err first finger (what do u call it??)  .. the doctor assured me that its probably nerves and since the first course of meds didnt work and I am still feeling the numbness, he has started me on a course of mild steroids. I hope it will be fine after that and that it is not the start of something more serious. Yikes. But I will experience some face puffiness, effect of the steroids. So if you see me sunday slightly puffed, its the meds and not me LOL.

Anyway, halfway through class a familiar face walked in. It was Azreen. She joined the gym together with me but had to leave due to family commitment last year. It was nice to see her smiling face whilst she walked into our members lounge !

After class, I changed and went to find Azreen. She's back in town, working in Bukit Tinggi and has a cute little baby girl and will now be a regular again. What tickled me most was this part of our conversation :-

A     : Wah .. kak, you look goodlah. Slim and fit
Me : Oh ye ke, thanks lah reen, takes a lot of hard work nih (goofy smile? of course!!)
A    : tapi kan kak .... hesitates ...
Me : *lol hahah I know what is coming next*   Ha, apa dia reen??
A   : tapi kan kak, apsal akak gelap eh?? akak buat apa? gelap betul lah kak 
Me : haahahah yeah I know reen, most people dont see me long time say same thing. cant have it both    
         ways hahaah .. akak lari jer .. dlm panas heheeh .. berjam-jam tak ingat dunia LOL.

And we went with our stories and my getting hooked on running and her being a mom.

But you should have seen her face. The look of , shock? awe? wonder? or WTF happened to you?? LOL  

I get a lot of that these days especially after the full marathon, and I dont mind. Its a common joke. One of the girls at gym told me that I was so burnt  from the run even my pics had my skin "berkilat" LOL. Its my own badge of honour and sacrifice to get my personal goal. I am not fair to start with ha ha. And thank god so far my husband has not commented either. Well, he's not the observant type, (like commenting on my haircut almost a month after I chopped it off LOL) but this new skin tone of my is really obvious .. but then again,  no comment is good news for me heheheh ..

Anyone care to donate Fair & Lovely cream? ??? mwah ha ha ..




15 comments:

ziff71 said...

June, me also want the fair & lovely cream. Pakai bedak sejuk ajer before bed not enough effect lah hahahaha

lch said...

june, since abang u tak sound, tak perlu fair and lovely cream. just let it be as it is. black is beautiful @ black beauty. hihi...

Khairul said...

Tak payah la. Fair & Lovely are a load of BS. What's with the obsession of being fair? Nak jadi MJ ke? Haha...

ziff71 said...

MJ? LoL...KA, to become like that must get much stronger stuff, like clorox may be..hehehe.

Zaki said...

Apa kesah gelap sikit... selagi ada akak jual nasik lemak yg tension with you sebab laki dia asyik tengok you aje, should be orait what? Huhu

..::EnAikAY::.. said...

Have u stopped wearing your KL marathon finisher's tee? I thought it's not yet 42 days, right?

mummy-who-cooks said...

Hey June... hari ni hang tak pi beli nasi lemak ka? LoL... :P

June Malik said...

oh sekarang tau rahsia ziff, pakai bedak sejuk heheeh, ada jugak orang maintain the old school style :) and yikes no clorox !!

LCH : haha betul, i have to agree, black IS beautiful

KA : me no want to be fair, love my colour, didnt get black sweet title for nothing! but at least maintain a certain level of my tan heheeh .. too tanned tu err me oso tak tahan see mirror LOL , dah jadi black kelat
mwahaha

zaki : gelap2 pun ada orang jeles, kalau putih gebu entahlah apa jadi heheeh

Nik : uish still pakai, different time every day, baru 18 hari hehe .. basuh? Err .. tanya Yim LOL.

Nita : hahah I makan nasi lemak pagi aje lah for the moment !

Yimster said...

Hitam manis .. I loike ... ngeeee :D

Tetiba je reminds me of the song Kekasih Gelapku kuang kuang kuang ...

June Malik said...

LOL yim, that is sooo funny ..

~Sasha Farina~ said...

hitam itu menawan :)

Justiffa said...

Gf, i gave up on creams a long long time ago lol.. hitam ka, krepot ka, terima la seadanya ;p

Black is ALWAYS beautiful :D

Haza said...

Sapa mentioned Kekasih Gelapku tadi? I loike that song!

Tapi kalau Kekasihku Gelap pun nevermind whatt...

dannie chOOng said...

Kak June, Fair & Lovely cream are for school girl lah ! sophisticated (hitam manis) lady like u must use "bobby brown"...

June Malik said...

Sasha & Tiff : you are my gals, love you muahhhs :)

Haza, si Yimlah who else lol .. memang kekasih gelap, nak cerah kena cari lain hahaha

Dannie : thanks for dropping by! bobby brown for young ladies laaaaa