Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Slowly but surely ............

I have come to terms that probably I wont have any real friends here except for people that I will know from starbucks, the pak guards and the laundry guy or the girl from the condo cafe. I am not giving up but neither will I give a hoot about it anymore either.

It is getting better for me. I guess I just needed a routine and I have sort of found it. I have the small park that I can run loops till I go dizzy LOL. Was there this morning, lots more people than my last visit BUT ALL WERE GUYS! I wonder where or what the ladies here in Plentong/Taman Molek/Johor Jaya do ? not a single female in sight! So I had to be a snob and kept my head down and walked alone. Most are malays and you know how berperasangka orang melayu can be. Nanti ada lah bini datang sergah cos tegur husband dia.

I can now jog slowly without any pain so I will take it really slow and easy. And hopefully the gym reopens next month and I find an aerobic class nearby, I will be almost ok :)

The nearest jusco is less than 15 mins away, the starbucks is not too bad to lepak and the girls there are really friendly. One will definitely be my favourite barista. Havent tried the movies yet but next week that is a must.

There is wifi now at the pool area here in the condo. So I can go for a swim, then go for a hopefully healthy breakfast while wifi-ing and reading the newspaper. I will be walking up the stairs up to 12th floor and down one level to my floor twice a day now, everyday. And I have booked the squash court for next monday for an hour to see if I can still remember how to hit the ball back to the wall ha ha.

I still miss home and friends terribly but its getting better. But the heart  throbs seeing all the clicking of events and all the weekends get together to exercise and lambung sessions and all the sweaty fun. Hopefully some of the events I can make it.

Meanwhile, you guys take it easy and happy training. Be safe. Now, I want to go and check out the little 100 yen shop I saw earlier today :)

10 comments:

IJAM said...

fuh, profile FB yg mengancam dari kak june. Pelan2 kayuh kak june, penduduk malaysia berjumlah 27 million, cari lagi...

Che said...

awww.. we already missed u lah kak.. for sure we will meet u, banyak event kat kl.. i.e : SCKLM, unless pas ni masuk event kt SG jerk :P

Zack Yui said...

KJ, you'll get used to the new place and mebbe you kena find new hobby kot? Menganyam ke? Lol!

p/s: Ijam, Kj terancam sbb Deo makin popular dgn pose manja & seksi pakai suar pangkah di peha... hehehe

word veri: repinch. Got a clue oredi? :)

June Malik said...

Ijam, u r right .. takkan tak dpt satu out of 27million? hahaha .. mengancam tak terancam takpe huhu

che : scklm sure balik, its my pet event :) and i dont think i will go that much over to sg .. mahal ler .. unless u all turun ramai2 barulah consider :)

zack : seriously, can u picture me duduk menganyam something? lol .. and yes posing si deo ni menggugat kedudukan ramai orang ha ha ,, repinch is so on the dot

KOOKY KASH said...

waa…a glimpse into a tai2 lifestyle. Immerse yourself in charity work then. Cadangan shaja.

Khairul said...

Kak June, u r doing good for a start. I bet u'll be just fine in JB after a couple of months.
Eh, belum join book club ke?
Reckee2 la aweks/amois untuk Ijam sekali. Haha, kononnya...actually for diri saya sendiri. LOL

June Malik said...

kash, tai2 anak mami hehe .,. ur cadangan is whats in my to find and to do list :)

KA : hahah bisa di atur :) takde book club lah, mph i found one a small one .. i gotta start my own?

tolldoll said...

i too will be moving out of the country by the end of this year... so i plan to enjoy as much as I could with kash and et al before I go.

my knees still hurt, i guess running is an issue, but then again... well, i just run hehe

June Malik said...

wah nadia nak berhijrah ke mana? we must meet up before u go, ada one year lagi kan? hehe .. i miss running and happy even with short 5k, its a start :) take care girl !

maya yasie said...

hi kak june..

my name is maryem yasie..
How should i start? i moved to jb in nov (ikut hubby..just married a year ago)and initially has been going back to kl once in every 3-4 weeks..i feel homesick and was googling for a place to go for aerobics and swimming in jb.....then suddenly your blog appears..im thrilled and excited that u love to swim,dance and join aerobic class as well..(i dont really run,though ha,ha)and i thought..hey..i can have a friend to do some activities together if u dont mind..im working in kk masai from monday to friday 8 am to 5 pm and other than that...im free..my house is in adda heights..i missed my friends in kl terribly and i hope i can make a fresh start here in jb..how can i contact you since i dont blog?maybe through fb or email?
Hope to hear from you soon...

Thanks