Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Clotting, Ligaments and More - old and used knee of Anak Mami

Yeah I know, me not a spring chicken anymore. Dah dekat separuh abad LOL.

Anyway as you guys are aware, I hadnt been running events for a long time even the short ones, didnt stop me from registering and hoping that I can run but alas I've had few people running on my behalf and to them, thank you for doing justice to my timing hehehe

As you all know too well too, I have been having knee problems for the longest time (actually before scklm10) and due to my stubborness of still running after that I am now paying dearly for it. So the advise here is, if you are injured, heal FULLY before you run again, and I mean it,  FULLY.

I thought I was recovering well, able to run short distances without any pain but I still get the ebbing pain after 6 or 7km .. and then I do walks and swim more. I had to take a painkiller jab a month ago since the pain was really nagging. The pain did not go away and the swelling came back. And the pain simply intensified two days ago and thus my appointment this morning. (actually I was due for the "grease jab" quite awhile back)
 
I have "severed" ligament on the side of my knee, from before and it has not healed,  hence what is causing the swell and pain and a small blood clot where the doctor jab me last. Hit a nerve and medicine did not go through, that was taken care of with a swipe of small cut (ouch) to release the clot.

The ligament will take a long time to heal, absolutely no long runs for me till year end, for now I am allowed to swim and brisk walk (no longer than an hour or stop if at all pain sets in) Slow jog of not more than 10k after I finish my course of jabs, in 5 weeks time. :( Jabs are for the cartilage and ligament, one a week for next 5 weeks. After that, new checks to see if I can start running long distance again. I also have physio twice a week for two hours at a time. Looks like the hospital staff will get to know me well haha.

I promise I will not do anything rash this time even if I truly really need a run to let off. Will keep to this swim/walk and on to slow jog and then if all is okay will start all over again. Hopefully by end of the year, I can start to train from square one, and even if I cant join events (another issue altogether) I can do long runs on my own here in jaybee :)



My medial and lateral collateral ligament has "lacerations" and my meniscus is not doing too well either. Sigh. For wanting to run again and run more, for once, I wish I am younger LOL.

Take care peeps. You dont want to end up having to go through temporary retirement like me !




15 comments:

Yimster said...

Let us all sing 'you drive me crazy!' :). Anyway seriously take care this and heal fully. Would love to see you back in the circuit gila-ing with us and enjoying the runs :)

tsar said...

Yowcchhh! So sorry to hear that kak June.
When I got that knee injury last year I was so distraught. Sekrg ni pun, kejap2 calf sore, kejap2 knee. Kekadang tu rasa not build for running lak.
But at least you can turn to swimming. me? Err, surfing tv. Hehehe
Take care and insyaAllah will be better sooner! Amin

June Malik said...

Yim : promise (will try, must try hehe) if i fail u can rotan me lol

Zarin : itulah, nasib lah ada pool and brit mwah haha, havent seen her in a bit but dia masih ada cos i saw her BF semalam and she still glared at me LOL

Luvly Me said...

KJ: rest well KJ and we shall run together-gether next year ok.. :)

Dancing Ciken said...

still can do short runs & try to target for a podium for your category, hihihi. joking la, jangan paksa if your lutut still sakit, nak pakai lama tu. nanti nak dukung cucu pun tak larat, kehkeh

swim is good for u too :D

Zack Yui said...

KJ, 2013 waiting for you. :)

IJAM said...

No retreat, no surrender

June Malik said...

aini : yes we shall, thanks babe :0)

jaja : haha i guess if my category they put from 45 above ada harapan, but normally i fall under 35 above or 40 .. semua masih genteng ler ..
i am gonna heal properly this time even if it means no running till year end .. gives me chance to improve swimming kan heheh .. hey stop by km 35 nanti tau masa scklm .. will give u a hug!!

zack : yesss project 2013 kalau umur panjang dan semua ok ehhee

Ijam : yes very true my comrade :) miss u and ms m laa

rara said...

have a goooood rest ok kak june. take care.

June Malik said...

Rara : thanks babe .. hope to see u soon :)

Azza said...

uish..lotsa of jabs tu huhu..I kenot tahan one adoiii! Hv a good long break K.June, recover soon k

SAM0309 said...

All that tear and jabs sound so painful!!. I hope you get well soon and go do all that running that makes you happy.

serena said...

hope to run with you someday soon...so take time to heal properly and take care anakmamiii...

crushhio said...

kakjune, be strong. take heed of doctor's advice okay.. u run bila u really fully recover je okay!

June Malik said...

Azz & sam , jab tak sakit, tak dpt lari yang salinity
Serena & Syed : I will ,

Thanks guys