Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Since I cant run ...... horsey is in the cards

I have not ran in a looooong time but my passion for it is still there .. I still look in envy at people running on the road and wishing I was with them.

I have to postpone my knee ops to a later date since I cant find a suitable time to be immobilised for 2 weeks straight .. might have to wait till Azam has another long break from school. Puasa was the best month to do it, but with Thibault around, I decided to not do it.

Now that I am left with only swimming and occasional brisk walk, I decided to check out the horse place nearby my house here in Johor. Read about it in the papers sometime back and since its TB's last few days with us, decided to bring him for a ride and also to check out the place.

It was a nice place, located deep in Kg Plentong Baru .. big ranch and 13 healthy horses! They take in students from as early as 8 years old!

Its my first time ever on a grown horse, the first time was daunting because its so high up lol but after awhile with coaching I got comfortable. First lesson is just to get a feel of the horse, to get your rhythm on the horse and to learn how to "navigate" the horse ..It was a fun an hour for all of us. 

Attached some pictures for you to enjoy .. and you can bet I am going to sign up for classes :)


 


Jangan main-main, anak mami belajar naik kuda lah pulak .. hihi



13 comments:

Zack Yui said...

Nanti bila datang Bukit Subang leh singgah DARC, boleh take up horse riding classes. I for once ada terpikir nak join tapi takuuutt! Hahaha

June Malik said...

zack, memang scary cos rasa adoi tinggi nun kalau jatuh ehhe but after awhile ok but must always be alert, takleh mimpi2 haha

rusfarizal rusli said...

fuhhh kuda...takut dia mengamuk..nant jatuh..kuda kepang berani lerrr saya..hehehe :)

June Malik said...

Haha rizal, classic :)

Azza said...

Ada gaya mcm pro la Kak June :)nampaknya azza naik pony je lah hihi!

lina said...

Salam Kak June,
My first visit here and enjoy reading your blog, sampai dah baca until the Makcik Nasi Lemak post!

Kalau I baca blog you awal2 dulu, musti dah terbakar semangat nak lari marathon dari dulu. xD

June Malik said...

lina, welcome and thank you for reading, am humbled ada orang sudi baca my ramblings .. and ehem, its never too late to start you know!!

Uncle Lee said...

Hi June, wow! Lucky you....I love horses, as well my Zodiac, I am a horse person.
You sure look good riding that horse....
Have fun, and keep a song in your heart.
Lee.

June Malik said...

Mr Lee, thanks for dropping by .. I am getting hooked on horses for sure, and hopefully I can ride proper :)

Anny said...

Yes, I remembered my first ride, very tinggi so quite takut :) Next day, pinggang sakit...hmm you think boleh kurus or not horse riding?

June Malik said...

Anny, kurus tak sure but great abs, buns and thighs for sure lol

Anny said...

wow, kalau gitu must go find horses to ride immediately hehe

June Malik said...

Anny, haha, yes go get your horse lol