Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Keeping A Promise

Alhamdulillah. Anak Mami is back, albeit very slow and steady but I am back.

I managed a slow 5k yesterday and today! Its only 5k but I am thrilled. First because that means I am on the road to full recovery. There was no pain (except rasa nak pengsan ada lah haha) and best of all, despite many many months of no running and no nothing whatsoever, I could still jog (read : average 8-9m/km) for 5k non stop. Yay! To sweat again  and seeing my new tan is so blissfully wonderful :)

I found a new route today too. A new area has been cleared for a luxury apartment opposite Tesco and they have a road leading to the new place, a 1.2km stretch.  So with 1  round in my condo area, out to Tesco and turning into this new route and back home, with half a round more would give me a 5k easy. 

And now come to the promise. I had promised myself, if all is well, I would be doing the full marathon at SCKLM this year, as keeping my pact with the late TSB (read here). Unfortunately with my fall I am unable to keep that promise. I have only just recovered and SCKLM is just around the corner and I am no where close to a level of fitness that would bring me to the finishing line.  I know wherever he is, TSB will understand. Insyaallah someday I would still keep this promise, run a 42.195 for him, even if its an LSD on my own!

For now this is what I will do. I will jog whenever I can, combine all the mileage and make it into a total of 42.195, before SCKLM. I have more than a month to do it, so even if I managed 2k a day I would still be able to complete this distance. I wont jog everyday, not to push my luck and will cross train with swimming but will keep a tab to complete this run. Once I achieved this, I will insyaallah give some donation to the nearby mosque here, asking them to baca doa selamat for aruah TSB. So, 10km down and 32.195 more to go!

I have also vowed to myself, once I am fully recovered I am going to attempt on my own, the sprint distance of a triathlon. Calling it my own TRY-athlete, sort of a celebration of my recovery! I would be attempting a 750m swim (in the pool ajelah), a 20km cycling (one of the security guards here has a bike that I can borrow !) and complete it with a 5km run. I am now slowly working towards that goal and again, hopefully, will be able to achieve this before SCKLM! But priority would be finishing the distance for TSB. Insyaallah.

I have one more task to complete, to drive home. Havent done any long distance driving since I am up and about and insyaallah, with my rate of recovery, I hope to be able to drive home for SCKLM and have my kedai runcit at km36 !

Pray that all goes well for me eh?

Have a good day peeps.


Anak Mami




23 comments:

Yimster said...

That is progress and good news! And yes will be waiting for your TSB marathon run and TRY events. Whats better to be able to get a glimpse and hug you at the water station or finishing line soon. Kipidap kak muaks!

Yimster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lina said...

Yeay to yu, KJ! :)

Alvin Yap said...

glad to hear that.. keep it up kak june.. cant wait to see u.. :)

rara said...

take care kak june! just remember not to push yourself too hard ok..

looking forward to see u at km36! yup.. finally i registered myself to do the FM at my anniversary run.. sunburn pon sunburn laa.. hahaha..

Julin Julai said...

I thought Yim wrote 'karipap'..hehe
You're an inspiration and a fighter, KJ.
We welcome you back with open arms :)

deo said...

Great news! Will be supporting you from afar...

June Malik said...

Thanks Yim, though I must jaga the knees lah pulak lol and yes a hug at the pit stop for sure :)

Lina : yay to us hehe

Alvin : thanks and yes, can't wait to see you too!

Rara : I tell you, the sunburn will be berbaloi! Good luck and see u SCKLM!!

Julin : hahha kipidap memang macam karipap lol. Fighter I am, inspiring?? issh, it's you, not me! Thanks for always bing there for me!

Deo : what you mean afar??? Where can like that bro!

kuchalana said...

Alhamulillah.. a good news..

kipidap kak.. See u at SCKLM..

deo said...

KJune,
Afar is measured by the possibility of me having your superlicious kari ayam... walaupun afar, I can still salivate just thinking of it.... sluurrrpppp hahaha...

June Malik said...

Arman, thanks and insyaallah ! U keep up ur good progress too!!

Deo : tak sama ler ..will make sure u have the real thing hehe

Diket said...

Alhamdullillah. Great news ni. So happy for you lah Kak June.

Banyak jugak tasks nak buat tu. Slowly do it one thing & one step at a time. Kami semua setia menanti.

Kipidap with karipap!

Zack Yui said...

The long recovery road... Steady lah KJ, it will be worth it! Terbaekk! :)

June Malik said...

Haha diket, kipidap n karipap :) insyaallah semua buat slow and steady! Terima kasih Atas kesetiaan tak berbelah bagi!

Zack , alhamdulillah dapat start sikit2 balik.ada 5kg nak Turun ni haha!!

ruby said...

alhamdullillah.. rindu sgt dgn kak june.. take care.. :)

Dancing Ciken said...

welcome back KJ!

June Malik said...

Ruby, miss u sangat jugak ! Thanks hot mama !!

Justiffa said...

Hey you, all the best :-))

i sooooo wanted to lose my FMV title at scklm this yr and run with u but tak kesampaian jugak.. if i can catch up with the training i'll be doing half, if not was wondering if u'd be needing xtra hands manning the fames kedai runcits?

Apapun gf listen to tht body ya and take care <3

June Malik said...

GF, hop on the bandwagon, always welcome to the kedai runcit! and thanks .. i will take care hehe

serena said...

i am confident you can achieve both your goals but slow and steady ya and do take care..welcome back..cheers!

June Malik said...

Serena, I hope so too and I will take care!! Hugs :)

Anny said...

Wow, I've been missing from here for a while nd you have made such GREAT progress in such a short time :))) You are truly inspiring, reading you always made me wants to go out and push myself more physically. Hope u back to 100% tip top condition soon :)

June Malik said...

Anny, dont think i can be tip top again lol but hey better some than none .. thanks for always being there !